Friday, September 2, 2011

What is Music to me - An entry for Audio-Technica M50


Music is one of things I can’t live without. Music is my innate passion and it verbalizes what I feel inside. Each time I sing, I feel like my soul rejoices in heaven. Every song and music that I cling to, are the pieces of my life story. I feel free under the ecstasy of powerful and beautiful melody. 

Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it. That is why I love putting in my headphones, turning up my music, and just escaping with no worries about anything. 

As a child, radio is my playmate and music is my toy. I listen to every song that I want to and it gives me comfort. Just like a baby cradle under her mother’s arm. As a teen, music is the sound track of my life. It sings along to my happiness and victory, cry along to my pain and sorrow and it taught me to be strong and confident whenever I’m struck by a great challenge.


But one thing I should be thankful about music, he was there in the darkest part of my life. It was a cold December days when my mom was hospitalized due to Breast Cancer. I left everything in Manila and flew to Bohol to comfort my mama. To see your mom suffering the pain of her sickness broke me into pieces. It breaks my heart to see my mom enduring the pain while I can’t do anything. No one was there to support me and comfort me. Not even my very best friend went there when I stumbled down. Only music accompanied me and picked me up when I was down. Seeing my mom smiling despite her condition made me realized that I shouldn’t be frown. I pick up all my broken pieces and stood up strong and brave. I stood up brave amidst life adversity.

The last days of my mom was filed with happiness and joy. We sang Christmas songs and played happy music. I would feel overjoyed whenever I would see mama smile and happy as if she is not sick at all. On the morning of Christmas, my mama passed away. I have accepted what God has planned for us. I’m thankful for all the memories we’ve shared together. And like no other can – music took away my sorrow and plant a seed of joy in my heart. Music helps me to stand up again and face life’s challenges. 





No comments:

Post a Comment