Monday, April 11, 2011

viaje a quaipo

Quiapo is a district and city square of Manila. Referred as the "Old Downtown", Quiapo in known for where cheap buys or goods are being sold at rock-bottom prices and was the home of the Quiapo Church, where the feast for the Black Nazarene is held, with over millions of people attending annually. 



I was originally born in Manila and spent my infant hood ( o d ba infant hood - meaning 1-4) in V.Mapa cor. Sta. Mesa. I really remember almost everything when I was young as early as that age. My mama and I always attend sunday's mass at Quaipo Church where we always have to drop by on the replica of the Black Nazarene. Luckily, I was able to touch it as early as I was, and mama taught me about God. It was I guess 1994 when we moved to Makati and lived here or good .. and the rest are history !
During those early years, Quiapo - Manila as a whole was a very dirty place (my judgement). So many vendors and garbage are scattered around. Almost a decade has passed, Quaipo - Manila was still a busy place. Vendors, Religious  Supporters, Rich, Poor, Beggars and even animals are around the place. But a more neater and cleaner Quaipo - Manila ! Particularly, the under ground tunnel going to the church is now cleaner than it was before.




On the height of the campaign of the church to protest about the RH Bill, this scene pictured out in my eyes. A billboard of a condom was hanging around the church. 


Quaipo is still a religious concrete structure for Filipino Catholic believers. I am not familiar of the history of the Quaipo church but one thing is for sure. Filipino is a religious people and it is already marked in our blood.   Feast of the Black Nazarene is celebrated every January 9, and recognize as one of the country's most attended feast.



Quaipo is 45- 1 hour away from Makati. If you are coming from my place (Pembo, Makati) you need to ride a Jeepney from C5-Blueboz to Guadualupe. And from Guadalupe you need to ride another Jeepney routed to TAFT-HERRAN. Just tell the Manong Driver that you are going to Taft Herran before you will be lost to somewhere else. From Taft, a jeep is waiting for you going to Quaipo. Lastly, you need to find the tunnel going to the Quiapo Church. I wont tell you..you find it ! 

Remember Students: ALWAYS ASKED FOR DISCOUNT!







No comments:

Post a Comment