Thursday, January 19, 2012

The AJ Rafael Concert in Music Museum


Dream come true – that is how I could express the feeling I have today. I would like to begin this post thanking the amazing people who are behind this overflowing bliss, Kuya Carlo Camilo Moselina Valenzona and Madam Christian Melanie Lee and to Mr. Chuck Gomez for this ostentatious surprise that that had for me. I woke up having an inbox message to watch AJ Rafael live! It isn’t obvious that I am a huge fan of AJ for in less than a month, I have 3 blog posts for him.


AJ has been an inspiration for many especially for me. He was the soundtrack of my college life alongside with Andrew Garcia and JR Aquino, Gabe Bondoc and bunch full of YouTube sensations. Right then the first time I heard him, I said that he will make it big. But he didn’t – He was even bigger than I expected! Up to this very day ilajil (AJ’s youtube channel) has more than 8 million followers in YouTube alone and I am not yet counting his Facebook, Twitter, MySpace etc.

AJ’s story has never been a secret to everyone. Then, a neophyte singer born to be a star, posted videos in his myspace account, then comes hit after hit after hit, Aj became who he is now. But in spite of his huge success and fame in World Wide Web, he never failed to look back to where his roots are. Born from Filipino parents, he inherited his passion and cravings for music to his mother and father. And now that he is in his root country, he is proud to be Filipino – proving to the world that we are extra talented.

His South East Asian concert was started in Indonesia and routed to some neighboring countries like Malaysia, Singapore and ended in Manila. He is joined by two pretty 
acoustic sensations Krissy and Ericka. And his Manila leg was a super successful concert. Mind you, the line in music museum was as much as any big star could have. 



At any sort, no doubt that AJ is a big star. The venue was so full of young audiences that are mostly teens and teen at hearts. A funny thought came to my mind that today’s young generations are not just hooked with Kpops and all that. 98 percent of the audiences are teens and the other 2 percent could have been parents and guardians.

Krissy and Ericka was the front act when they performed mash ups of Superbass and California King Bed and followed by two of their original compositions and another pop mash up. AJ entered the stage with his opening song Heart of Worship by Hillsong. The crowd goes gaga over him when he first entered the stage. And after the opening/doxology song, the concert has officially started. AJ and his band went to the stage and the audiences are getting exciter, screaming AJ’s name. Wearing a white top and black vest plus his trade mark glasses, AJ and his band started the show. It was roughly an hour and a half of musical extravagant, singing along AJ’s hits over the years. Most of the songs sung were part of AJ Raf’s latest album Red Roses – released worldwide. Songs performed from the album are Emma Watson, Red Roses, We Could Happen, Without You, 500 Days, She Was Mine, Here All Alone and When We Say (JuiceBox). Keana Panganiban Valenciano had a special participation when they had a duet for the song Bakit Ngayon Ka Lang. Before the curtain has rolled down, AJ performed couple of songs more to ignite the cravings of his Filipino fans. The concert ended up with AJ’s encore songs – Showstopper.










I would never forget what he said that when you have a dream, never fail to grasp for opportunity to make them come true. He is living evidence that talent and perseverance plus faith to God and passion for his craft can lead you to where you want to be. He has been an inspiration and will always be. Tonight has been a make dream come true for me. You may find it simple but this simple dream rejoices my soul and ignites my spirit.

I got home with an autograph signed album of AJ and much more important is the memory that I will cherish all my life.





Congratulations to AJ Raf and I will say this .. see you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment