Friday, May 27, 2011

A FANTASTICAL GIFT


I received a gift from a good friend of mine way back in high school. She asked me to come to their house and get my gift. I was surprised that the simple gift she gave me brought me back to my high school days. When friendship and fun is precious and play and study is a day by day activity. The present was wrapped in a multicolored wrapper with a letter on it. The letter says, ‘To my dearest friend, I am glad to you’ve finally graduated. I bought this gift because I know you will going to like it. You are a huge fan of Regine since high school. Give me a ring when you already received it.’ How thoughtful my friend was. She still remembers how I was in loved with Regine Velasquez then. I even impersonated her voice in some occasions and sang my lungs out to her songs.

During high school days, Sunday is Regine day. Me and my friends gathered in one house and watch the ‘back to back to back’ portion of ‘SOP’ then. If we could have a tape recorder we have recorded it for our own copy. But as the years gone by, I noticed that Regine’s voice is changing. She must have been needed to be careful with the song she sings and try to minimize sing hard-high notes song. But she was known for sing ceiling high belted songs, which her trade marks to this industry. Many aspiring singers are looking up to her and even popular celebrities are looking up to her. The names like ‘The Philippine Pop Princess - Sarah Geronimo, ‘The RNB Princess – Kyla, ‘International Singer – Charice, and even Peabo Bryson, Jeffrey Osborne, Brian McKnight, David Archuleta and Multi Awarded Musical composer, arranger, conductor, and pianist Michel Legrand.

Today, Regine is reinventing herself by producing album with not so high songs. And I could certainly say that I love and enjoying it. The taste and perceptions of consumers are not always consistent. Sometimes, the media or a certain personality must have listen to what the audience is talking and give them what they wanted. Media must carefully observe on how the people behave. Going back to Regine, the present I received was her latest record – Fantasy. I love the album so much that I even put the songs to my Ipod and listen to it every day. Here are the track lists of Fantasy:

Disc 1
1. You Don’t Know

2. Been Waiting

3. Always
4. This Time
5. True Romance
6. Sana’y Laging Ganito
7. OK Lang Ako
8. Fairy Tale
9. Smile
10. Funny One (Ogie’s Theme)
11. S.M.I.L.E. (Operation Smile Theme)
12. Walang Iba

Disc 2


1. Fantasy
2. All My Life
3. I Go Crazy
4. What About Love
5. Papa Don’t Preach
6. You and Me
7. Without Me
8. Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop
9. Love Will Keep Us Alive
10. Dying






The album was a double disc CD. The disc 1 is composed of all new original songs from the Songbird and the 2nd disc are all revivals. I am enjoying this CD so much and as you can see on the cover, Regine still managed to stay beautiful at age of 40. Sexiness and prettiness hid the numbers in her age. Here are my favorite tracks in this album:


1.       1. Sana’y Laging Ganito
2.       2.OK lang ako
3.       3. Been Waiting
4.       4. True Romance
5.       5. Fairytale
6.       6. Smile
7.       7.  I go crazy


I would like you to have a copy and share it to others. REMEMBER MGA BAKLA : DO NOT BUY PIRATED, CHAKA NA HINDI PA FOREVER !! Kaya go na sa mall at buy na ng album ng lola Reg mo.

No comments:

Post a Comment