Tuesday, July 5, 2011

30 Reasons to Get an HIV Test

Positivism posted a note in their Facebook Account about 30 reason why 'YOU' should get an HIV Test. Positivism is a movement of people of different genders, sexualities, ages, walks of life united by the desire to fight the HIV epidemic. They work side by side to maintain a highly informative spokes medium for HIV in the Philippines. They educate people and give proper information about HIV.



The movement believes that IGNORANCE BREEDS GUILT, FEAR AND PREJUDICE. Their advocacy aims to offer Filipinos – at home and all over the world – a deeper, more sensitive understanding of HIV/AIDS through the dissemination of credible and easy to grasp facts.

Positivism is a non-profit organization founded by Cholo Laurel and sustained by volunteers. The goal is to increase awareness and breed open-mindedness as well as offer comfort and guidance. The vision is to see the society take control of the HIV and AIDS epidemic, by becoming a more aware and better informed community.

Popular celebrities joined this advocacy campaign to spread LOVE and INFORMATION to ease the and control to spread of HIV/AIDS.

Judy Ann Santos

 Borgy Manotoc

Iza Calzado

Diether Ocampo

Marc Nelson




Everything you need to know about HIV is in their website:   www.positivism.ph



Here are the 30 Reasons why YOU need to get an HIV Test

  1. I didn’t use a condom.
  2. I thought we were monogamous, but I was wrong.
  3. My boyfriend and I want to share our results with each other.
  4. If I know my status, I can move on with my life.
  5. I know what I did last summer. I just don’t remember who.
  6. I’ve had an STD and I’m more vulnerable to contracting HIV.
  7. I want to have kids and need to know how to protect my baby.
  8. I respect myself. I respect my partner.
  9. I’d be lying if I told you that I normally don’t hook up.
  10. I shared needles back in my party days.   
11.  I’ve had multiple sex partners.
12.  I thought he would be more than a one night stand, but he wasn’t.
13.  I can no longer use my fear of needles as an excuse not to get tested because there are needle free options now. 
14.  We should have talked about it and not just assumed we were both HIV negative.
15.  Just because.
16.  My husband had an affair and I just need to be sure.
17.  My blood pressure, cholesterol, weight, and diet aren’t the only things I should be worried about.
18.  It would bother me if I gave someone HIV.
19.  I don’t remember his name and who knows what else I don’t know about him.
20.  He said the condom wasn’t big enough and I believed him, so we didn’t use it.
21.  I shared needles getting my tattoos and piercings.
22.  I’m out, proud and sexually active.
23.  In about 20 minutes or so, I can finally stop worrying and just know.
24.  One thing led to another and another…
25.  I love him enough to know my status.
26.  He said using a condom would ruin the mood.
27.  It’s been 6 months since my last test, so it’s time.
28.  Too many margaritas, a few more tequila shots, sneaking out of the club with what’s his name, and a night I don’t really remember.
29.  My boyfriend said he would get one too.
30.  Whatever the HIV test result, I know that I’ll be okay.

You whats your REASON?

No comments:

Post a Comment