Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Child's Letter

I am a four feet tall young man. When I was a little kid, I wanted to be tall and strong like my dad. I want to travel and search the world with my mama and papa on my hands. But as I grow up, things never go as I wanted. Dreams are becoming vague and skies became unclear. And the best thing I have learned is to survive. To live and to survive is the only weapon I can use to stand still in this world. But I failed. I almost forgot the one greatest reason why we still live and survive – LOVE. Everything can be achieved if we will put love in everything we do.

Today, the world celebrates one special day. We celebrate the Father’s Day, and we recognize the sacrifices and love our fathers have given to us. I would like to take this opportunity to thank my papa – Ruben Granada for giving a piece of his life to me and shared the world I am with now. Papa, you may not be the perfect father, but you are the best that I have known. You have taught me how to be strong and stand amidst the fight in this battlefield world. In spite of my different sexual preferences, you never overlooked at me. Instead, you gave yourself to protect me against the worldly invaders that destroy my entity. You may have flaws and differences, I still love you. You may have live a regretful life, rest assured that I will be here for you more than a son.

Now that our family has lost our light to guide us in our path, I promise to give my whole life lighting a spark for us to move on forward. I will be your feet when you cannot stand, I will be your eyes when you cannot see and be with you unto my last breath. I wont ask you anything in return, just love yourself for me and that would be enough. I cannot see myself losing another branch of my family, I cannot live without you. Let us love each other and fight for each other. I pray that God allow us to share a longer life together.

I thank God for giving me to you and you to me. This letter is for you Papa. I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment