Monday, June 13, 2011

Filipino is the New Smallest Man in the World 2011

An 18th year old Filipino Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte was the new holder of Guinness Book of Record for being the Smallest Man in World 2011. Standing 23.5 inches or 59.93 centimeters, Junrey Balawing, was crowned the smallest man on his 18th birthday yesterday. Junrey also holds the title of "Shortest Living Man in History".



Junrey out thrown Khagendra Thapa Magar, the former title holder from Nepal standing 67 inches tall. Junrey will soon travel to other countries including Europeans and the United States and make some special TV appearances.

I was scared that I almost qualified for the Smallest Man in the World, at the age of 21 years old, I only stand 4 feet and 9 inches. Back when I was in grade school days, I always lined up in front of the line when the teacher asked to arrange our selves according to height. At first I was delighted for I am in the beginning of the line, but growing up I noticed something hasnt been changing. Even our National Hero is small yet unbelievable. Jose Rizal died 4'11 and exact standing statue can be found in his Calamba residence. I would just like to believe that height doesnt always matter. What is install in the mind and heart is what always matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment