Friday, June 17, 2011

Pig Out This Rainy Season !!

Rainy season are coming to town. How many children will sing the ‘rain rain go away, come again another day’ song. And rainy days in the Philippines falls between months of June to September. In fact, never did I celebrate my birthday on August that raindrops never showered me with blessings.  And these days, are the great opportunity for us to pig out our favorite rainy days food. This write up will going to be real hunger breaking blog.

When days that Mr. Sunshine is out of sight, when clouds and water enjoy their company in the atmosphere, people might chose to be at home or listen to mellow song. But as for me, I crave for something to eat! Pigging out myself is one of the most celebrated activity I does during rainy days. Neither I will cook it nor do I eat something that pleases the mood around me. Here are some of the foods I love to eat during rainy days.

Lugaw/Goto

This is a popular soup dish that most Filipino eats when they want something to heat up their stomach. This is also known Congee or Porridge. This is best serve with Tokwa and Baboy or a simple boiled egg will do. 



Champorado

Yummy – this is the best that I can say. This is one of my favorite foods during rainy season. All you need is glutinous rice and a cocoa powder adding up a little bit of sugar and puff CHAMPORADO. This is best served with milk. But be careful, too much sugar can lead to diabetes!


Sinigang (pork/chicken/fish)

Now for dishes, this is my most favorite dish of all time. Complete with leafy veggies and perfect soup, this is a great thing do eat during cold days. Watch out for your rice consumption – I can have 4 to 5 cups of rice whenever this is our food. And my Nanay Sising cooks the best Sinigang in the world!




Fried Quail Eggs

If there is one popular street food in Manila, it will be Fried Quail Eggs. You can see this everywhere, in the streets, Stations, terminals – as in everywhere. Whether this will be clean or not, as long as your tongue craves for it, forget the sanitary measurements! This only cost 10-20 pesos per order and best with spicy vinegar.


Tapsilog

And the most affordable and known food is a Filipino dish popular today is Tapsilog. Tapa – Sinangang or Fried Rice – Itlog is the meaning of Tapsilog. I am sure, Filipinos aboard miss this food. A very genuine formula that is serving in one plate is the secret of this food. One tip, tapa is best with vinegar for it gives the juice more tasty! 






So don't make your rainy days little bit more mellow. Instead of staying at home the whole - get out and enjoy the rain and eat out the best food in town!


No comments:

Post a Comment